Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Wanderer's Tags

Its been a long long time away from the blog. Life has been hectic with new and interesting things happening. But before I start on any of those, I have to execute the great Wanderer's tag that Silverine tagged me with. So here goes-

5 people who top your shit list..... and why:

1. The Games Teacher from 2nd grade at Fr. Agnel's School, Delhi - As a 2nd grader giving her final Math exam, I was a bit unclear about a question on long division since I had been out of school for a couple of months because of Measles. When I went to the Games Teacher (the invigilator) to ask for a clarification, he slapped me infront of the whole class. Now I wouldn't be dramatic enough to say he sparked a life long fear of mathematics, but I always remember the humiliation of my first and only ever slap in school.

2. The ex-boss - Some men are just born so that they can be killed again. He was one such item. The man harassed every female within a 10 km radius. Infact I believe he just had to look at a woman to harass her. He made my life living hell, constantly arranging so I had to work late, and then offering to drop me back home. The sick bastard didn't even spare the pregnant HR Head!

3. Arjun Singh - He's the asshole who started Mandal Commission and the whole reservation shit. What is the point of blocking off some 50% jobs on the basis of a piece of paper, which can pretty much be bought off the street. If he really wants to give opportunities to those he feels are lesser blessed on account of their birth (!!) as SCST, why he can't open more schools and colleges?

4. Irresponsible Parents - Especially those idiots who never make an effort to calm their little brats. Don't get me wrong...I love kids...but I don't love brats...and certainly not their parents, who insted of controlling them, smile on adoringly. What is it with that eh?? On a recent trip to Agra, one such brat happened to make my aquantaince. Now the little brat kept running up and down the AC Volvo bus, and every monument we visited, he spoilt the serenity with his constant screaming. And what did his mom and dad do? They sat and smiled proudly at their little creation. Ghhrrrr... Yours truly was visiting the Taj with her fiance (yes I got engaged!) of one day, so a little peace and quiet for a romantic moment was much desired. But did the brat allow that? Nooooo...so what did I do? Outside the main Taj monument, I caught the little brat when his mommy wasn't around, and had a little staring down competition. And I made him CRY!

5. Delhi Auto Wallahs - I know I know I've mentioned them before. But what can I do? They fit the category so well. Why do they have a meter if they refuse to ever use it. And if they ever decide to use it, the damn meter will run like its in a motor rally for meters. Often they refuse to go to a certain destination as they may have to return empty. Oh really? I didn't realize I had to pay return fare when I travel in a rickety vehicle balanced on 3 wheels. Figured that part was reserved for rickety vehicles that fly and do a landing on 6 wheels, and sometimes even 5 or 4.

Close brushes with death/danger:

1. On the way to Kodaikanal with parents, our little bus almost plunged into the ravines. They aren't kidding in the Kodaikanal sightseeing guides when they call every single point a "Suicide Point".

2. Almost got run over by a bus while crossing the street at Janpath. Why? Because I had just spotted a gorgeous pair of Kolhapuris. Thank God the bus driver spotted me.

3. On the way to a dam in UP, our Ambassador (yes, I've actually ridden in one!) got stuck on this really narrow road (if a dirt path with boulders can be called that). There were no oncoming verhicles, but somehow the driver of our Ambi thought it was a good idea to honk. So there we are, hanging off the dirt road, ready to plunge to our death, and the driver was honking like his life our ours depended on it. For a minute there, I think my family preferred the plunge than an Ambi horn, but I lived to tell the tale.

5 Preferable modes of suicide, in descending order:

I'm going to skip this one, because I have no intention of killing myself, or giving any ideas to those who may be thinking along these lines.

5 Guilty pleasures:

1. Dark Temptation at Barista - A scrumptious dessert with warm Chocolate excess cake, ice cream and whipped cream covered with chocolate sauce...Ok people, wipe off the drool.

2. Long Island Ice Tea - 2 of these babies, and I can pull a Marilyn Monroe on a piano top.

3. Big Chill Food - Penne with mozzarela, chicken, and cheese. Bolognaise with tomato sauce. Naplotanaise spagetti. Belgian chocolate shake. Squidgy dark chocolate cake. Missisipi mud pie. Need I say more?

4. Saturday sleep-ins - Getting to sleep in on Saturdays till noon. Read a little. Sleep a litle. Read a little. Sleep a little. Hmmmmmm....

5. Responding to Blog Comments at Work - I'm supposed to do it...but then rules are made to be broken right?

5 things you never want to forget:

1. My mom and my fiance - The 2 more important people in my life.

2. My first kiss - It was outside college, when it was raining and Delhi was its prettiest best. The kiss however was not! It was so awkward and funny that we both just ended up laughing afterwards :-)

3. First time I felt a baby kick - My cousin sister stayed with us during her final trimester, and at night, her baby would get all active. I felt that baby kick, and it was the most significant moment of my life. I've wanted babies ever since.

4. My engagement - He proposed in a bus. And I proposed in an auto rickshaw. How can I ever forget :-)

5. My school farewell - All my false bravado at never crying on the farewell was swept away when I made that long walk from my seat to the center of the school field during my farewell. The Principal was reading out my citation, how I had come there as a gawky 7th grader. I was surrounded by beautiful diyas. And as I walked past the teachers who had taught me all those years, who had laughed and cried with me...I couldn't help it. I blubbered like a baby.

5 things you wish to forget:

1. First slap - Read above.

2. Basic Instinct 2 - It is horrible. I can't believe the last 2 movies I've seen are Memoirs of a Geisha and Basic Instinct 2. And I saw BI (or BS, take your pick) on Easter!

3. Math exams in college - Honest, Real Analysis sucked

I can't think of anything else I'd like to forget. I figure, if I forget, how they hell will I learn from it right?

5 really exotic dishes you have tried:

I'm really not into experimenting with food. If it has more than 4 legs, you can just leave it ff my plate, thank you very much. Same goes if it doesn't have legs.

I did however go to this chocolatier at Priya, Basant Lok, which served these amazing chocolates. I had a chocolate sauce...which was AMAZING.

5 crushes/loves in your life... in chronological order

1. This guy in my office. I don't know what department he is from, or even what his name is. But he has a shaved head, and he is super hot.

2. Dude from French class. He was a German trying to earn French. I had never before been so interested in Germany before.

3. Choir boy in Church

4. Judo Champ

Strangest dream you ever had:

I have only strange dreams, so picking one out is quite a task. I used to have a best friend in school who lived in the hostel. He was this tall arab kid and we got along super well. Only problem was that he got in regular trouble with the other boys at the hostel. One night I dreamt that I walked into class, and looked to the left. Tauqir was sitting on the left most bench with a bruised left eye. I ask him in my dream how he got the bruised eye, and he says he had a fight at the hostel and got hit. About this time, my mom woke me up to go to school. Guess what happens. I reach school. I walk into class, and look to the left. Tauqir is sitting on the left most bench with a bruised left eye. I ask him how he got the bruised eye, and he says he had a fight at the hostel and got hit.

Bizzare? Hell yeah!

5 most valued personal possessions:

1. My books. My mother keeps threatening to sell them for recycling. But I've told her that if she does that, I'll leave home or something. I'm so kicked about the idea of giving these books to my future generations someday.

2. My Nokia 6600. Do I need to say more?

3. My engagement ring.

Not too many other possessions I'm nuts about.

5 favorite superheroes..... and why:

1. Superman: I think more than Superman...its Christopher Reeves I would end up admiring.

2. Spiderman: He was had such cool lines. The original one-liner guy.

3. Batman: Wham. Whack. Thud. Don't you miss that show?

4. Captain Planet: Is it strange that I found him hot? Recycle anyone?

I can't think of any other undie-over-pant heroes...so I'll sign off here.

I promise the next post will be quicker than this.

I tag Lalit, World Seller Gal, Vaibhav.

13 comments:

Lalit Singh said...

Tere vaade pe jiye hum
to yeh jaan jhooth jana
ki khushi se mar na jaate
'gar eitbaar hota

and finally the 'i'll post it tonite' nite is here..

First of all congratulations on the engagement... now i c where u were busy??? *nudge nudge wink wink*

Real Analysis suckedOMG Don't tell me u too did Math's hons for Grad.

Lalit Singh said...

He proposed in a bus. And I proposed in an auto rickshaw
hang on .. i didn't quite get it

why did u have to propose if he already did that in the bus?? on second thoughts... did you guys propose to each other in the respective modes of transport? :-)

silverine said...

Irresponsible parents make me go grr too. I brook no nonsense and have told off kids right in front of their parents. But then I have years of baby sitting exp to handle that kind of situation. Then trick is to look like a disapproving teacher and say "no' in a stern voice. Dont shout. Then stare at the critter till he looks away. Always works :))

These poor kids are not to blame it is the parents who need the caning.

The ambi incident though scary was hilarious!! Ambi horn sucks. Period.

Saturday sleep-ins are heavenly aren't they? I would love to respond to comment at work, but some software prevents such activity :(

I had tears in my eyes reading about your school farewell. Me too sobbed so much. But I visit my shcool regularly and help out on Sports Days. Just love to be there.

Wow your dream was as bizarre as mine!!!!! And we share quite a few undies over pants superheroes gal :p

This was lovely. Three cheers *hic*

And CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

( I am on holiday in Kerala so the *hic*. In between jobs dear. I have some deliciously long holidays ahead of me till I join back work in June)

If I tell ya, I'll have to kill ya said...

Lalit: Dude, I did Bachelors in IT. And I still had Real Analysis and Advanced Calculus. I still want to know why a prospective coder needs to know Real Analysis. It truly sucked. Maybe we can start Real Analysis Anonymous to get over our trauma.

Just to clarify. He asked me to marry him in a train. He didn't have a ring so felt guilty. Then he proposed with a ring on the bus. I felt I should return the gesture. So I proposed with a ring in the auto. Do you think I should mail Limca?

Silverine: Hey girl. Thats a nice long comment, and I think I'll send you a mail to you mail account so we can discuss more stuff without these men listening in :-)) Enjoy your holiday while it lasts. Its my dream to visit the backwaters one day for an idyllic vacation, and go for some relaxing Kairali therapies...Ahhh...the good life. Scaring kids is so much fun :-))

Also, prayer request going out to you for the upcoming wait till the nuptials. Am sending prayer requests to everyone. Maybe I should create a bulk mail, and give it a subject like "I think you're up for a promotion" hehehe

Anonymous said...

hi ladykiller,

he proposed in an auto , and you proposed in a bus ,

thank god both of you have the same explanation about it !! :D

tta

Fleiger said...

That was second grade? That teacher should be out of school. You girls seem to have quite a premonition dreams. (Ref. Silverine's tag on the same subject) Reminds me of what Phoebe says to Ross, "We all are [magical]" (though the subject is different then) If such is the case with my dreams, I would end up near our college swimming pool with our class, giving some girl directions to her home on phone.

Lalit Singh said...

Ok.. now the train also comes in the picture.. [background music = "Mere sapno ki rani kab aayegi tu"]
What next?? Proposing on Air Deccan Flight 0910C.. me thinks you should try it out

Real Anal trauma (no pun intended)... guess what we have 5 papers in analysis in the hons course..GAWD!!

And my best wishes to you gal....just in case u dont know which id u have to send the wedding invitation then its there on my profile ;-P

The Girl Who Sold The World said...

Ahhh...finally someone posted! I was wondering if you had also been gobbled up by your office just like my boards had eaten me up two months back. :P
You got engaged? CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D
Yeah, leaving your school is sooooooo difficult, isn't it? I've just finished my 12th. So, it's still fresh in my mind. :|

He proposed in a bus. And I proposed in an auto rickshaw
Hehehe...I think it's way more romantic than all those oh-so-exotic locations or oh-so-cheesy dates where people propose each other. :P
And I LIKED this tag. I'm gonna do it. :D

If I tell ya, I'll have to kill ya said...

Activity: :-D Same explanation the basis for successful marriage!


Fleiger: Yes, Silverine and I cosmic twins. So in that dream, you were giving the girl directions to her own home? Was she blonde? Or were you giving her directions to your home????? ;-))

lalit: My fiance is a network rat, and he's suggesting webcasting the wedding to far flung invitees. I laughed at first, before I realized he's dead serious. Nowadays, he's more excited about running the webcast than he is about marrying me!

world seller gal: hey, you are one little energy bucket aren't u?? remind of myself, before I started paying bills and rent...Waiting to read your execution of the tag. yeah, leaving school sucks...but believe me, there is much better world out there!

Safari Al said...

hey, long time. just got over with exams and currently getting into the psyche of having to sit interviews in a couple of months from now hoping to land a job. any pointers?

hey and congratulations on the engagement. may you and your better half(?) have a wonderful life ahead,

cheerio

al

Lalit Singh said...

network rat LOLS Is that what they call them these days?? m so glad i am not into n/w.. any special name for people in CRM domain?
Webcasting seems to be a fundoo idea, seriously.

If I tell ya, I'll have to kill ya said...

safari al: job interviews? all the best dude...pointers...hmm...i can see another blog coming...there is little bulb that just went off on top of my head!

lalit: dude, my fiance also wants a wedding with monkeys and cows. don't ask me why. he's facinated by them. so if i call him a rat, now you know why! u think webcasting a wedding is a good idea?? oh MAN....what is wrong with you men???

If I tell ya, I'll have to kill ya said...

jeremy ryan: hey, thanks for dropping by! Its always such a kick to have new people come by and comment man!!!