Sunday, May 21, 2006

Introducing - My Photo Blog

I find myself wanting to capture silly things on the street. 4 boys riding on the scooter, celebrating India's win in some cricket match. A little girl crying with a pouty bottom lip on her way to school. Aunties haggling over veggies with a vendor. Those huge tractors from the farms with veggies stackpiled so neatly on them. Vendors selling colorful baloons to kids. A 50-year old distinguished CEO-type licking an ice cream with the same joy as his 4-year old son. A pretty flower just growing out of a cracked concrete driveway.

Therefore, introducing my photo blog - Through The Lens I See.

7 comments:

Lalit Singh said...

My Other Outlet
Now i aint saying anything....u know it better..

Congrats,,, any prize for the early bird???

If I tell ya, I'll have to kill ya said...

lalit: i just meant the other outlet for my creativity.

tsk tsk. such a dirty mind you have. denmark ki thandi hawa lag gayi hogi!

early bird award mentioned in response to your comment on the photo blog.

silverine said...

This is uncanny. Me too just kick started a hobby in photography!!! Will post the photos soon though I am not going to have a seperate photo blog. But guess what? My first photos were flowers too :) And the Nikon Coolpix S4 is wonderful in capturing the details.

Dr. Pissed said...

I think photos are awesome
But the trick is trying to get it right and to communicate what you saw in that frame to people through photography.

Thats where I fail almost all the time.
But good luck to you my friend.

The Girl Who Sold The World said...

Congratulations for the new blog. :D
4 boys riding on the scooter
Hehehehe...must be some sight! :p
Here me goes to check out the new bloggie.

If I tell ya, I'll have to kill ya said...

silverine: This just proves that great women think alike! Cant
wait to see your pix on the blog.

dr.pissed: thank u for your wishes...its easy to click pretty pictures, but like u say, i hope i can use my photos to communicate at least some of what i feel in the future.

world seller gal: Oh it was sight allright, especially since 2 of them were pretty huge! the one sitting right at the back was this skinny thing and i was just waiting for him to fall off!

silverine said...

I have put up one here! My 'serious' blog :)