Thursday, October 20, 2005

From the mouths of ...

I used to thoroughly enjoy the outake shots at the end of all Jackie Chan movies. You know, where they show him struggling to remember a dialogue, and then the whole crew laughs. Or like when he somersaults backwards from the 89th floor of a building, while escaping from iron chains, and then they show him crack his skull open, be taken to the hospital and all that.

Life has plenty of such bloopers. Here is an example of items heard around office.

During casual/official conversations that turn interesting or aggravating -

1. "Oh teri ben&#$&&^#%&#" (since I work in North India, this should require no translation)
2. "Or teri ma&#$&&^#%&#" (since I work in North India, this should require no translation)
(Notice, that men are never referred to, while mommies and didis most often are)

During lunch -

1. While eating vegetable kofta curry/vegetable munchurian:
a. "These balls are hard"
b. "These balls taste bad"
c. "These balls are raw"
d. "These balls are too big"
(Notice, how any sentence with the word "ball" in it begins to sound dirty. For instance, telling someone with a slow mouse to "Clean the ball yaar")

In formal e-mails -

1. To client: "I assure you that we will try and satisfy you with our full rage of services"; alternatively, "Its working at my end"
2. To vendor: "You need to improve things at your end"
(Notice again, that usage of the terms "my end" and "your end" may sound formal, but really aren't

Here are some of the winners from last week at my office -

1. To the functional manager during a presentation he was making - "So, how long is your thing?"
2. My client teasing me about my vertically-challenged frame (he's 6 feet 5 inces, i'm 5 feet, no inches) - "You'll fit right between my legs"
3. Male client to me while asking for help with a laptop bag - "will you unzip it for me"
4. Senior Manager to me - "Did you cum yesterday"; alternatively, "Are you cuming?"

And fnally, the GRAND PRIZE goes to -

Male colleague in cab, when 2 more women sitting at the back with us, finally left, giving us much needed leg space - "Now you can spread your legs"!!

12 comments:

Lalit Singh said...

Oft seen in mails
Please revrt back in case of queries
Yeah rite.. since i can't revert forward. guess thats the only choice I have

Or during presentations
Can u please repeat that again..
Sure thing!! right after I repeat it for the first time

But the ones from your office sure sound new n original!!!

Thanu said...

ROFTL:) These are so hilarious. Grand prize winner is spread ur legs. Still laughing ...

:-) said...

LOL @ the last one.

Unknown said...

Verbal flips or Freudian slips? ;)

Haha can't supress laughter at the word that little bot-filter bot at blogger gave me to verify...

"Usmein"! Kismein?

silverine said...

Hilarious! The grand prize was the grandest blooper :)) rofl account

There was this tame one from my office.

We are very grateful for your kind gesticulation

Lalit Singh said...

thx for dropping by ....
i guess we do use some of these all the time ...

"my cousin brother"..
oh ..so he's ur cousin n brother as well

"Kerosene oil"
what else do u have in kerosene?

"why dont u come for dinner tomm night"
Hmmmmm... lets have that dinner tommorow morning.. what say?

Vaibhav said...

Or when people get clothes for (from a recent experience) office farewells... "How did you know my size!!" Then theres "Blow harder!" at birthday cake cutting.. er... ceremonies...

you write petty well :)
how come you've been working since 18??

If I tell ya, I'll have to kill ya said...

Lalit - I LOVED your examples. Infact, those are the serious sounding things even AVPs and CEOs drop around withou noticing.

* Reader contributions invited for more such examples

thanks, :-), lazy strokes - glad u liked it. You can imagine my surprise, when this was said to me with a totally straight face.

Silverine - Thanks girl. you're a woman after my own heart. I love reading your blogs

Vaibhav - Hey, good to see someone new here. And thanks for the contribution. Yes, "blow" is again in the same league as "ball: isn't it :-)

Gen 2 of this blog coming soon.

SNM said...

Wating for the 'Gen 2' ...

Geo said...

You touch base with me, and I can support your back-end while you check my front end cross data connection.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious.. Got this from a colleague at office "For the trek I had taken just a stick and a few old newspapers and had to borrow a sleeping bag. That lady saw my equipment and laughed before lending her bag to me.."

dreamer said...

LOL :D ... i laughed so loud that my collegeues sitting near me got worried...