Monday, October 17, 2005

Valium please

Not a good Monday by any standard. Went to work after a 5 day vacation with high-viral fever. Couldn't stay home coz no one would've believed me. I can't believe I am already waiting for Saturday.

Lots of good cheer for other folks in my office though. 2 consultants got absorbed into the company as full-time employees. Good for them.

And here is the root to my bad mood - a really nice girl at office got engaged to her boyfriend. They are a nice, sweet couple, and I'm really happy for her. It was so idiotic that whatever free time I got, all I could think about was what could have been and isn't. I know there's going to be the whole "grieving" period and all that, but c'mon...I think I'm even more pissed at myself for feeling this way.

Can someone gift me a vacation to Goa please? Or to Leh? Or get me a book-writing deal or something.

3 comments:

SNM said...

Vacation to Leh? Girl, if you'd said it two months back, you could've joined me in my trip to Himalayas :)

Btw, you don't vacation in Leh. Leh, and Ladakh in general, is not a vacation spot. Its a holy place to where you make a journey of a life-time. Its much more than a vacation...

Hitanshu said...

I have one solution. Switch off the fricken messenger, the phone and the blog. No posts for ten days.

Try going into the hinterland and surviving for 100 bucks a day. We're too overfed and sheltered to appreciate the real issues of life. Or maybe do some more engaing work. If you were truly putting your heart and soul in your work, then there's no fricken chance you would've had time to eiter ruminate or post about it.

Time to get outta the matrix girl.

silverine said...

Me too waiting for mr/miss generous to gift me a vacation *sigh*. Guess no one is taking a bait so i am gonna console myself with a double strawberry sundae;)