Saturday, July 30, 2005

Down with love

Now that the boyfriend is no longer in the country, my weekends are spent as a quirkyalone.

Having nothing to do today for a change (including a guy, wink wink), I decided to pursue the only other self gratification women do when all alone...don't get too excited. I'm talking about shopping.

Since I consifer myself the patron saint of shoes, I went and bought the most perfect kolahpuris. Only a woman can understand how it feels when something fits that snugly inside you...oops I mean on you...

I've been informed by a very close guy pal, that now cheating on my man doesn't count since he's across the seven seas. When I asked my pal to list these seven seas, he couldn't come up with too many names. Anyway, I'm a firm believer that distance makes the heart wander. Lets just see how long it takes mine.

I tried to seduce a guy I know and was out with for coffee, but got distracted by the Dark Temptation dessert at Barista. He probably is confused at the mixed signals now, and a little pissed as he didn't seem too keen on repeating the date.

Later I bumped into a hot dude at the book store. But just as I was about to strike steamy eye-to-eye contact, I noticed a shelf marked "50% off" on popular fiction.

I need to do something quick. Can't afford to appear too angelic or shrinking violet like when I have freedom for a couple of weeks. It would down my market value. But apparently, I'm as good at cheating as Yuvraj is at being modest.

Any pointers?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
If I tell ya, I'll have to kill ya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hmm....what??... fidelity is dead!! long live the new king. err... queen ofcourse!

Anonymous said...

Dear iity ihky,
LIKE THE HONESTY.
keep writing, am reading. btw came here from sidin's.
iw

SNM said...

Bit by the shopping bug? I was, yesterday. Bought a pair of sneakers and was about to lay my hands on a pair of Hush Puppies when my friend picked it up :( I just love that series of shoes. Nothing else pampers your feet as well as they do.

Fatalstatix said...

Hey Dudette,
Nice going. I am sure it works both ways. Frankly, I am more scared of your other half's trip. Really enjoyed the "NOT SO OBVIOUS" undertones......
The best read ever....
cya,
bye bye,
U know who

Unknown said...

Where did all the men go? Where are you, girl?

Candid, and so funny at that. And I appreciate your judgement in choosing popular fiction over the hot guy!

Fatalstatix said...

hi,
Me sorry not meant it the way it sounds. I realy know that the two of yyou are meant together. I guess there was a bit of sadism in the intended humour, but it was totally unintended. Thats a truth....
Sorry once again...
See ya,
Bye,
U know Who!!

If I tell ya, I'll have to kill ya said...

Hi guys.

Lazy strokes, SnM, you guys are gr8! Yep, I bought amazing shoes and I bought Shopoholic Ties The Knot at 170 bucks on sale (original price 350)!!

You have to read this book. Funny...Better than any hot guy.

Cyrka when and where is my question.

Anonymous, any one coming here from Sidin's is like the biggest compliment I could get. Next time, leave a name.

Fatalstatix, chill ya. its ok. in your proffession, sadism is like a by-product :)))

chirayu, thanks for dropping by.

Have an idea brewing for another post. Waiting for friday night then.

Ciao

SNM said...

Thx! :)
Hey, updated my blog. Check it out when you get time. You might find something interesting :)

Safari Al said...

god the shopping addict that you are. i went shooping a couple of weeks ago for the first time in some five years for a pair of floaters.

Dark temptation at barista better than a guy??? maybe....but definitely better than a girl...har har.

is that you commmenting on me blog...????

Hitanshu said...

Well well.
Cheshire cat, there????

scorpigle said...

Dropped in at ur site from sidin's after many weeks.. wow those were hilarious accounts that u posted. Those innocent years and those thoughts... want to live all of them again.