Friday, July 01, 2005

Suicide Note

Reasons why I should kill myself -

1. I'm fat
2. My contract with a major MNC as a consultant just expired
3. It is extremely hot and sweaty
4. My television isn't working too well, and I can't get Star World, HBO or Zee Cafe - the staples of my life
5. My relationship with my dad sucks
6. I'm short
7. My boyfriend is going to study in the US leaving me behind
8. Shekhar Suman is the highest paid TV artist, and I think he sucks
9. I may need to take medications to retain my fertility
10. I don't have answers to why humanity exists and what the purpose of life is

Reasons why I won't -

1. There's so much more of me to love. I just have to be confident about myself
2. They extended my contract the next day, and want to confirm me now. I just had to be patient
3. It's raining right now. I just need to remain optimistic
4. I read a very funny book called Skinny Dip by Carl Hiassen. Didn't miss TV. I just had to exercise my options
5. I'll make sure that when I have kids, I don't make the same mistakes. I'll make newer ones! I just had to learn the lesson
6. I can lie down and sleep comfortably in 2-seater buses, and cabs. I look cherubic and young. I just have to look at what works for me
7. He wants me to join him. I just have to make him ask me :-) and pursue what I want
8. I changed the channel when he came on. And I also started reading Strip Tease by Carl Hiassen. I just had to look for other avenues
9. I realized my body's needs early, so I may still have my 4 babies. I just need to take better care of myself
10. After a couple of Long Island Ice Teas, I can tell you why life exists on Pluto. I just need to have a sense of humor

I know. Very different from what I've been writing. But I needed to say this.

Issued in the memory of thousands of young people who kill themselves each day, without realizing what life has to offer, and what they can offer to it. There's always a choice.

5 comments:

Hitanshu said...

Nice ending.

Full of hope and of disappointements :P

silverine said...

lol this is Hilarious! :)) I enjoyed reading your witty post. Me too handling marcomm for the IT sector.

sumandatta said...

hey! i dont need 10 reasons to live. i cud live just so i cud read ur blog :-)

needless 2 say...wonderful writing!

sumandatta said...

btw there's sthg strange at work here. ur last 2 posts were broadly abt

1)"sweet,nice" guys(and why they hate tht)
2)marriage(arranged)

now misha here(http://samadrishti.blogspot.com/)
has writen simultaneously on those same topics!

1) Ode to the nice guy
2)arranged marriage( How tall are you?)

strange coincidence...and tht i happened to chance upon both of them...does tht forebode sthg for me?(is this "nice" guy finally getting married?? :-) )

SNM said...

Well well, hopes rising like a pheonix! :) People kill themselves not because they didn't have choices, but they were too afraid to take any of them.
This is Subhash (http://subhashnm.blogspot.com).
Stumbled upon your blog from your comment on Sidin's. Nice way of advertising, isn't it? May be I too should try it ;)