Monday, July 04, 2005

War of Taste

I've had an extremely irritating weekend, and now a horrid blue Monday.

On Friday night, the boyfriend and I made the blunder of fighting against all odds to secure two tickets to War of the Worlds. I thought, that's it. This weekend is sooo made now. Curses curses!! Little did I know. I can imagine those of you who suffered the same cinematic horrors as me, smirking away..thinking how great it is that you weren't the only ones who got killed. Humans can be so sadistic...Well, I've decided to break away this garb of selfishness. I consider it my duty to warn you. DO NOT GO TO SEE WAR OF THE WORLDS. Not unless you enjoy seeing tripodial aliens suck blood out of humans and then squirt it in vein line format all over the earth. Then to top it all, Tom Cruise runs out picking veins of human blood which cover the entire planet apparently, looking like his last face lift didn't quite do the trick, and I swear, the man has just two emotions (confused Tom, laughing Tom). I was hoping for a nice quiet dinner after the movie. But I must tell you, that it's Tuesday early morning now, and I'm yet to eat a thing. I also have been feeling very quesy, and sick in the morning, and the very smell of food makes me want to throw up. Luckily enough, I haven't suffered my monthly horrors this month...Hmmm...I wonder if that's anything to worry about.

That was the weekend. Lets see what pissed me today - SHARING A QUALIS OFFICE CAB WITH A BUNCH OF SICK PEOPLE THAT'S WHAT!! Man, I get picked up at like 6:30 AM...which as it is, is such a god-forsaken hour. And then this shrill-voiced (kind of like nails being dragged across a blackbord) woman who smells really bad, will tell the driver, "Bhaiya FM hai kya". At 6 fucking 30 in the morning...She wants FM. And you know what plays at that hour...fucking nonsense!! Loud Govinda type numbers. Just when I think I can be tortured no longer, she asks him to raise the volume and starts singing along. At 6 fucking 30 in the morning!! Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I thought I'd end my day with some retain therapy to calm my frazzled nerves...Went to Shoppers Stop, and guess what - I didn't buy a single thing. I just didn't like anything. Some days just do not go your way.

Let's hope tomorrow is better.

Hey, I thought we'd run a contest. Let's all share about the worst Monday we've ever had. Oh c'mon. I'm sure we're all whiners here. I can't wait to read about Mondays worse than mine.

10 comments:

Hitanshu said...

lol chirayu, you sound like the usual engg student - lmao!!!!

SNM said...

I liked that post-on-comments part... Never seen before :)
Are you working in a BPO by any chance?

Just curious: what kinda music do you like?

Safari Al said...

hi,

Interesting blog. and the concealed(i really didnt try to hard on the profile...:)) identity thing makes it more interesting.

The great indian matrimony - there is another way a match happens. or so the ad guys want us to believe. i have a bit about it on my blog. drop by.

tom cruise is not the only guy with two emotions. Shah Rukh has this one two[excuse the horrid pun please...) - monkey face and no-monkey face. sorry if i hurt the sentiments of a SRK fan.

keep writing...


p.s. I can't explain the behaviour of men. I am one, too - man, that is(gawd...i can't stop 'em lousy jokes). But for some reason the opposite sex keeps running away. Three showers a day and a fortune on deos. Must be the bad jokes. Spread the word, still. Forget to mention the bad jokes.

Hitanshu said...

safari,

Yours sounds like a case of marketing myopia - product focussed, not customer focussed!

Safari Al said...

That explains my total inability of selling myself. Now what you said supposed to mean the same....?

I am ad-language illiterate...:-(

If I tell ya, I'll have to kill ya said...

Good to see new folks here. Very exciting. One of my prime fantasies is that one day I'll churn out a masterpiece of a blog, that will immediately get me a multi-million dollar book deal, where I can just write about what I think, and learn LOTS of money of the royalty.

Its Friday night. A lil dreamin never hurt neone, rite?

Safari Al said...

thanks for dropping by. no i dont think anything is going to kill the commenting. my only fear is that given my ability(?) for drving away the fairer sex once they know enough about me is that i'll have a reader less. he he he...(*nervous giggle)

hey but the mystery and all that is real cool. one day when we are both 70 something we will bump into each other at some cafe and then after you tell me you can kill me(stop....bad going to worse joke...forgive)

and get cracking on the book. if its gonna be anyting like the blog, you have reader. and hell i want an autographed copy...:)

sumandatta said...

ok. everyone is doin it (advertisin on blogs i mean :-) ). so why be left out :-).
someday i hope we will hav ingenuous/innovative ad campaigns by bloggers on others' blogs...till then, make do with simple url s.

check out this online blogmag i deal with, and contribute ur writings if u can...

http://vibeindia.blogspot.com

scorpigle said...

agree with you completely on WOTW.. Monday blue's.. sometimes they seem to extend even beyond tuesdays for me :)

keep blogging

Safari Al said...

I hit wednesday blues...or rather pink...

putting up a blog on that now.