Friday, July 15, 2005

Pehla Nasha...

I was chatting with a friend today who has a younger sister in the 4th grade. That's right, 4th grade. Me thinks one evening when this girl was out on a date with her boyfriend, her parents gor bored, and then got lucky. Thereby accounting for a second child some 16 years after their first.

So anyway, she was telling me how her kid sister came home one day from school, her cherubic face totally tear-streaked. When asked as to what had happened, she whimpered that a boy in class had called her "sexy"!!

This completly hilarious incident (for us, not the little girl) got me to thinking about my many first loves, and subsequent disasters.

Incidently, I recall that my first encounter in recognizing boys as boys, was in the 4th grade myself, when a classmate had called me sexy. So great was my humiliation, that I had run to the class teacher and peeped on the poor sod. He was duly given a slap, and I had cried my eyes out. Ofcourse, I was also a popular rakhi sister at the time, so my "brothers" decided to take revenge on the footbal field with my romeo. No, no, don't get concerned. It was nothing major. They just made it a point not to choose him in either of the football teams. Reeling with rejection, when the young romeo was making his way back home, I caught up with him. Newly trained in Taekwondo, and brimming with anger at my humiliation(!!), I got the poor boy in his family jewels. Hey, don't blame me. I was young and the rules of self-defence were just getting in the way. Soon after my family moved cities, but I often wonder about that guy. Can you imagine his girlfriend's plight. He's probably scarred from ever calling her sexy!

And that's not the only life I've ever ruined. There's more. So much more. Interested?

6 comments:

If I tell ya, I'll have to kill ya said...

Hmmm....its possible my reaction to being called "sexy" at the age of 9, set off a trigger effect across the country. Your gf may have been one of the victims.

sumandatta said...

hi sexy :-)
tht was a wonderful post. wanna more...

Safari Al said...

Sexy...i haven't been called that. I don't have a girlfriend.....bwaaah.
the only one, or something close to that, dumped me two years ago. Single ever since.


hey ifitellyaillhavetokillya, good to see you posting. and i swear i didnt call you sexy in 4th grade. i was still in preschool at that time.

If I tell ya, I'll have to kill ya said...

Hey Safari,

Thanks for letting me know (in public) that I'm old (or atleast older than you). But you know what they don't ya...Catch 'em young 'n let 'em grow ;)

Will post the second in the series tomorrow.

Yawn...g nite

Safari Al said...

Have i incurred your wrath...???

Catch 'em young and let 'em grow old???
What i'd give to grow old with 'her'...sigh!!!fond thought, that.
Pity don't think that'll happen though....
ah...what the hell i can still eat egg and cheese.


love ya...




p.s.:sorry...didnt mean to make you out to be older.

Hitanshu said...

Hey girl,

nice one that. Interesting you mention that. Poor fellow that. Either you made him into a wussy wimp who'se eternally scared of women, or one chilled out mutha ;-)

Either way, you sure changed his life forever. Didnt they say four letter words make the world go around? You added another one to the list!! :)